Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: Research

I got up early this morning to make Husband lunch and I started doing some research on guides to the raw diet (cookbooks, if you will - although that's an oxymoron). What I found was rather surprising. It doesn't seem like eating raw 100% of the time long-term is necessarily good for everyone and many people experience health problems after a honeymoon-period of feeling amazing. I obviously don't want to completely destroy my health by not knowing what I'm getting in to, so I think until I do adequate research (I've found a few good books I want to read through), that I may need to back off the raw diet for a few days and eat some cooked food, or an egg.

I do think that at this point I could easily be a pescatarian for life (that's a vegetarian who eats fish). Fish are quite healthy and I could easily abstain from eating all other meats.

I also read some rather scary reviews of going raw while pregnant, and as Husband and I do intend on having kids in the near future, I don't want to mess up my child during pregnancy by not getting everything I need.

Suffice to say, I need to actually do more research before I convert 100% and maybe at this point I should stay at vegan, and then move to raw-vegan. Or perhaps start out as a pescatarian, stay that way for a few months, then move to vegan and then raw vegan, with enough time in each state to ensure I'm getting the required nutrients to remain healthy long-term. More research to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment