Monday, September 26, 2011

Update

So, the whole no sugar no alcohol thing has not really been working out.

I've been stressed at work lately, possibly about to encounter a mental breakdown, and have been drinking to cope. No, not alcohol coping, but I had two beers tonight and a liter and a half on Saturday (Al and I went to a German biergarten after all).

I've only slipped up once on the sugar thing when I came home from travel and house a Lavender Moon Cupcakery cupcake in the fridge. They're no Baked and Wired, but since I no longer live down the street from them, Lavender Moon does just fine.

Also- for anyone in the DC area, near H st NE, needs to visit these two places:
1. Biergarten - sit outside. Order liters of beer, pretzel rolls and bratwurst. You won't be sorry. Be prepared to make friends with strangers because you sit German style at wooden tables.

2. Tokyo Underground (Ramen house) - the one hour forty-five minute wait was more than worth it
once we got our ramen. Simply fantastic. I'll never go back to cup-ramen again (although I don't think I've honestly eaten those since college). If you're just looking for a place to eat and don't feel like dealing with a long wait, this is not the place for you, but if you want real authentic ramen this is it.

I would also add the H Street Country Club (beer and indoor put-put, how can you go wrong?) but since I've never been there myself, I cannot personally say how amazingly fantastic and awesome it is. I have heard really good things though.

No comments:

Post a Comment