Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sugar

I've decided to give up sugar for one month. This is going to be a challenge and I can't guarantee i'll ever manage to do it successfully, but I'm going to give it my all. I'd been reading a lot about the benefits of giving up sugar and I figured 'hey why not,' so right then and there I decided to end sugar consumption for one month.

Timing couldn't be better either, as it is busy season for work and usually that equates to eating tons of sugar in the audit room. Massive amounts of it. So giving it up will be good for me and keep me from snacking on sweets during the most wonderful time of the year that is called busy season.

I've additionally decided to give up alcohol and caffeine. The caffeine will be easy because I like tea and only drink coffee on weekends so giving it up won't be a problem. The alcohol will be considerably harder because there's nothing like the delicious feeling of a beer after a long hard day at the office or after a particularly difficult day like the one I experienced today.

Hopefully this whole no sugar/alcohol/caffeine thing goes well, but it's hard when there's sugar in everything. So I'm going to do my very best.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment